• Menu
  • Menu

Historic Designation

Cloud Chief School

In 1937 the Works Progress Administration built the Cloud Chief High School for a cost of around $42,748. It is made of native stone and consists of a huge gymnasium that the Cloud Chief Warriors...

Andrew Goodholm House

The Victorian-style elaborate Goodholm House was the project of Swedish immigrant Andrew Goodholm. He was prominent in the Oklahoma City community being known as a builder, a city councilman and...

Sunshine Laundry Cleaners

Dating back to 1928 when it was constructed this building has been home to a laundry company. Starting out with National Sunshine Laundry Co., they were known around Oklahoma City as one of the best...

Saddle Mountain Mission

Thirty-one-year-old Isabel Crawford from Sedan, Oklahoma arrived in Saddle Mountain, Oklahoma in April 1896. She set out on a journey to establish a Baptist Mission in the town with the help of...

Quanah Parker Star House

Chief Quanah Parker was known as being a progressive Comanche warrior and leader. He served as the last principal chief of the Comanche Tribe and was influential in settling the Comanche Tribe on a...

Manitou Jail

The Manitou Jail was constructed in 1922 of concrete, and steel bars, with a barrel roof. It was a single cell and represented the efforts that most small upcoming towns had of promoting the welfare...

Bryant Center

The Bryant Center was an idea thought up by two businessmen, H.T. Greenhaw and Ferrill Martin. Opening as Bryant Recreational Center which would become a place of entertainment for the mostly African...

Okmulgee Black Hospital

In February 1922 the Okmulgee Board of City Commissioners named J.M. Whitehead to gather together plans to construct the first colored hospital in Oklahoma. Plans for a two-story brick building with...

Tamaha Jail

Not much is left within the town of Tamaha, Oklahoma but one thing that does still stand is its historic rock jail. Built in 1886, it’s said to be the oldest jail in Oklahoma. The towns dwindling...

Rosenwald Hall

The town of Lima, Oklahoma is one of just thirteen historically all-Black towns existing in the state. Named after the local limestone quarries it was incorporated in 1913. Constructed in 1921 by...

The Hotel Marion

The Classic-style Marion Hotel was first built around 1904 as an apartment building but shortly after in 1908 was turned into a hotel. Forty-five rooms were rentable short or long term. Originally a...

First Baptist Church (Colored)

The First Baptist Church (Colored) of Anadarko is unarguably one of the most significant structures of the town. Not only for the African American community that it served but all of the community...

Old Choctaw Nation Indian Hospital

Vacant for many years the former Choctaw Hospital stands as a remnant of the progress of healthcare for the nation’s tribal members. Often, this building is mistaken for the Eastern State Oklahoma...

Page Woodson

1910 Lowell Elementary Originally built as the Lowell School in 1910, this date was engraved above the west entrance. It quickly grew in enrollment Students were held to a standard of morality and...

Marcus Garvey Leadership Academy

Harmony Public School The story of Marcus Garvey Leadership Academy goes back to the 1920s. The $55,000 building was erected in 1927 as Harmony Public School. It opened its doors to students in the...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer