• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Central Oklahoma

Pauls Valley State School

Pauls Valley State Training School for Boys Pauls Valley State Training School for White boys was established in 1907 in Southern Oklahoma. Construction on the major facility began a year later...

The Glancy Motor Hotel

Chester and Gladys Glancy had been in the hotel/motel business for at least a decade when they sold their Best Western and opened their independent Glancy Downtown Motel in 1950. It was originally...

Guthrie Jail Cell

This tiny jail cell is located right beside Redstone Country Inn & Wedding Venue and displays “US Marshal | Oklahoma Territory”. Unknown  just exactly when it was built or where it...

Oney School Gym

All that is left of the Oney School is the 1939 gymnasium constructed of large stones. The brick building that housed the classrooms sat close nearby and was actually two buildings mashed together...

Ingalls, OK

Ingalls was established on April 22, 1889, by Dr. Robert F. McMurty and Robert Beal. Ingalls was apart of the Unassigned Lands just east of Stillwater during Oklahoma’s first land rush where it...

American Legion Memorial Chapel

In 1895, the Oklahoma Sanitarium Company purchased the site of High Gate Academy in Norman, Oklahoma. High Gate Academy was a school for women that opened in the late 1800s, but it ultimately was...

Macomb Jail

The Jail in Macomb, OK  is a single cell made of steel that was presumably built in the early 1900s. It would have held the drunk and disorderly, and others arrested for petty crimes such as theft...

Smithville Jail

Smithville Jail is hard to spot if you’re not looking for it, hidden across the street from the school it sits camouflaged by trees. Carved above the doorway is 1934, which is the year the jail...

Bryant Center

The Bryant Center was an idea thought up by two businessmen, H.T. Greenhaw and Ferrill Martin. Opening as Bryant Recreational Center which would become a place of entertainment for the mostly African...

Stuart Jail

The one-room jail of Stuart, Ok was built in 1918 as the proud sign states outside of the structure. Made of limestone, the stonework was done by a gentleman named John Howell. Said to be fire-proof...

Rosenwald Hall

The town of Lima, Oklahoma is one of just thirteen historically all-Black towns existing in the state. Named after the local limestone quarries it was incorporated in 1913. Constructed in 1921 by...

The Hotel Marion

The Classic-style Marion Hotel was first built around 1904 as an apartment building but shortly after in 1908 was turned into a hotel. Forty-five rooms were rentable short or long term. Originally a...

First Baptist Church (Colored)

The First Baptist Church (Colored) of Anadarko is unarguably one of the most significant structures of the town. Not only for the African American community that it served but all of the community...

Leland Clegg United Methodist Church

Leland Clegg Memorial Methodist later known as Lelang Clegg United Methodist Church was named to honor Rev. Dr. Leland Clegg. Dr. Leland Clegg served the Oklahoma Conference for fourteen total years...

Saint George Greek Orthodox Church

Original Saint George Greek Orthodox Church The Greek Orthodox Christians established a congregation on September 25, 1914, as the Greek Society of St. George of Oklahoma City. By 1917 they had...

Washington Jail

While little history or records could be found on the Washington Jail it fits the popular “pour-in-place” method of making calabooses from the early 1900s. The small one-room jail is...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer