• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Oklahoma City

Oklahoma State Fair Speedway

Construction of the giant Oklahoma State Fair Speedway was completed in 1954. The speedway became a sizeable part of fair-goers activities for over half a century. In 1961, late model stock car...

Sunshine Laundry Cleaners

Dating back to 1928 when it was constructed this building has been home to a laundry company. Starting out with National Sunshine Laundry Co., they were known around Oklahoma City as one of the best...

Bryant Center

The Bryant Center was an idea thought up by two businessmen, H.T. Greenhaw and Ferrill Martin. Opening as Bryant Recreational Center which would become a place of entertainment for the mostly African...

The Hotel Marion

The Classic-style Marion Hotel was first built around 1904 as an apartment building but shortly after in 1908 was turned into a hotel. Forty-five rooms were rentable short or long term. Originally a...

Leland Clegg United Methodist Church

Leland Clegg Memorial Methodist later known as Lelang Clegg United Methodist Church was named to honor Rev. Dr. Leland Clegg. Dr. Leland Clegg served the Oklahoma Conference for fourteen total years...

Saint George Greek Orthodox Church

Original Saint George Greek Orthodox Church The Greek Orthodox Christians established a congregation on September 25, 1914, as the Greek Society of St. George of Oklahoma City. By 1917 they had...

Page Woodson

1910 Lowell Elementary Originally built as the Lowell School in 1910, this date was engraved above the west entrance. It quickly grew in enrollment Students were held to a standard of morality and...

Columbus Elementary

On July 20, 1910 block 27 was bought from the Oklahoma Industrial Co. for $2,700 for a new school that would be known as Columbus Ward School. Originally supposed to be a two-story structure it was...

Marcus Garvey Leadership Academy

Harmony Public School The story of Marcus Garvey Leadership Academy goes back to the 1920s. The $55,000 building was erected in 1927 as Harmony Public School. It opened its doors to students in the...

Mount Pleasant Baptist Church

Built in 1929, this building has been home to Mount Carmel and Memorial Churches throughout the years. Mount Pleasant Baptist Church was organized in the 1940s. Back in those days, it was in the...

Villa Teresa Catholic School

Villa Teresa school was founded in 1933 by the Carmelite Sisters of St. Therese in a home next to their convent in Oklahoma City. The campus consisted then of the convent and the school in two homes...

Sleepy Hollow

By Steve Lackmeyer Sleepy Hollow’s origins go back to 1946, when the Hilltop Restaurant opened in Eula Erixon’s home. According to Oklahoman archives, Erixon was a bond attorney who...

St. Vincent’s Home

When we are looking for possible locations to add to our database, a lot of it comes from simply driving around the state and keeping our eyes open. St. Vincents is one of those locations that we had...

Stage Center

After years of debate over the history, importance and fate of Stage Center, the end is set to start Monday (6/30/14) as preparatory demolition begins next week. Stage Center, originally known as...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer