• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Commercial

Claremore Boathouse

In April 1938 it was requested by Bert Sprangel, the light and water superintendent of Claremore Lake to have a boathouse built. Plans for an $8,000 rock building were sent to Washington for approval...

Oklahoma State Fair Speedway

Construction of the giant Oklahoma State Fair Speedway was completed in 1954. The speedway became a sizeable part of fair-goers activities for over half a century. In 1961, late model stock car...

Fairmont Creamery – Guthrie

Fairmont Creamery Co. Long thought to just be the 89er’ Bowling Alley, this building has far more history. Recent renovations on the building involved stripping the paint off the outside of the...

Sunshine Laundry Cleaners

Dating back to 1928 when it was constructed this building has been home to a laundry company. Starting out with National Sunshine Laundry Co., they were known around Oklahoma City as one of the best...

Gotebo, OK

The town of Gotebo was originally known as Harrison Oklahoma, named after President Benjamin Harrison. The settlement was established in 1901 during the opening of the Kiowa, Comanche, and Apache...

Bryant Center

The Bryant Center was an idea thought up by two businessmen, H.T. Greenhaw and Ferrill Martin. Opening as Bryant Recreational Center which would become a place of entertainment for the mostly African...

Tulsa Club Building

The Tulsa Club Building at East Fifth Street and South Cincinnati Avenue was designed by Bruce Goff a creative American architect. His work was distinguished by his unique and eccentric designs in...

The Edwards House & Store

Edwards House Thomas Edwards was an English immigrant but came to the United States from New Zealand. While it is not entirely sure how he ended up in the Choctaw Nation the assumption can be made...

Hinton Junction Courts & Cafe

Leon and Ann Little of Hinton were two entrepreneurs who realized the traffic of Route 66 and took advantage of it. In 1940, Leon and Ann were working on building their third service station in the...

W.S. Kelly General Merchandise

W.S. Kelly General Merchandise Wilbur S. Kelly built the General Merchandise store in the mid-’20s in what was known as “New Cogar”. He ran the store for a short period of time...

Sleepy Hollow

By Steve Lackmeyer Sleepy Hollow’s origins go back to 1946, when the Hilltop Restaurant opened in Eula Erixon’s home. According to Oklahoman archives, Erixon was a bond attorney who...

Sportsman’s Country Club

Historic OKC hunting club on endangered list Dean Anderson It´s 1971, and the pool at the Oklahoma City Sportsman’s Country Club is full of laughing children and families. In the early evening...

Krème Nightclub

Kreme Nightclub once stood as a place of recreation in the spencer area off 23rd street. Today, the building is gone and the grass has grown over the earth where people used to enjoy dancing...

Century Center Mall

The Criterion Theater and Baum Building were architectural jewels in Oklahoma City by anyone’s standards — landmarks that were razed in the heyday of Urban Renewal. In their place stands Century...

Eighty Niner Bank

This bank is located on Main street in Coyle, Ok. The bank is one of two original buildings on Main street that is still standing and still salvageable. The other remaining building is the former...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer