• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Michael Schwarz

Miller Theatre

Miller Theatre opened in May of 1947, the perfect start to summer with crowds gathering to see films. It was one of four movie theaters at the time but one of the more popular ones out of the...

Rio Siesta Motel

The motel started out as Rio Courts Motel in 1947, right off of Route 66 it brought in travelers from all over the United States. It was only two years later that it was sold at auction to the...

Cloud Chief School

In 1937 the Works Progress Administration built the Cloud Chief High School for a cost of around $42,748. It is made of native stone and consists of a huge gymnasium that the Cloud Chief Warriors...

Empire Refineries Inc. Plant

Okmulgee in the early 1900s was a hub for the oil industry. In 1909 the Empire Refineries Inc. was a large operation in Okmulgee just along the Okmulgee River and conveniently next to the S.F.R.R...

Fairmont Creamery – Guthrie

Fairmont Creamery Co. Long thought to just be the 89er’ Bowling Alley, this building has far more history. Recent renovations on the building involved stripping the paint off the outside of the...

Woodland Gym

In 1941 the Woodland School House was gutted by a fire that began at around ten in the morning on December 4th. The entire almost brand new native rock structure was ravaged by the flames, luckily no...

United States Jail at Guthrie

United States Jail at Guthrie In 1892 one of the first federal prisons of the Midwest was built in the center of the United States. Dating prior to Oklahoma statehood this jail has acquired a few...

Pernell School

Before and After Fire Pictures Below The Pernell School project was accepted by the WPA in October of 1940, $44,000 was set aside as funding for the new building and auditorium. Actual construction...

Sunshine Laundry Cleaners

Dating back to 1928 when it was constructed this building has been home to a laundry company. Starting out with National Sunshine Laundry Co., they were known around Oklahoma City as one of the best...

Pauls Valley State School

Pauls Valley State Training School for Boys Pauls Valley State Training School for White boys was established in 1907 in Southern Oklahoma. Construction on the major facility began a year later...

The Glancy Motor Hotel

Chester and Gladys Glancy had been in the hotel/motel business for at least a decade when they sold their Best Western and opened their independent Glancy Downtown Motel in 1950. It was originally...

Oney School Gym

All that is left of the Oney School is the 1939 gymnasium constructed of large stones. The brick building that housed the classrooms sat close nearby and was actually two buildings mashed together...

Gotebo, OK

The town of Gotebo was originally known as Harrison Oklahoma, named after President Benjamin Harrison. The settlement was established in 1901 during the opening of the Kiowa, Comanche, and Apache...

Ingalls, OK

Ingalls was established on April 22, 1889, by Dr. Robert F. McMurty and Robert Beal. Ingalls was apart of the Unassigned Lands just east of Stillwater during Oklahoma’s first land rush where it...

Bryant Center

The Bryant Center was an idea thought up by two businessmen, H.T. Greenhaw and Ferrill Martin. Opening as Bryant Recreational Center which would become a place of entertainment for the mostly African...

The Hotel Marion

The Classic-style Marion Hotel was first built around 1904 as an apartment building but shortly after in 1908 was turned into a hotel. Forty-five rooms were rentable short or long term. Originally a...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer