• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Michael Schwarz

Pernell School

Pernell School

Before and After Fire Pictures Below The Pernell School project was accepted by the WPA in October of 1940, $44,000 was set aside as funding for the new building and auditorium. Actual construction...

Sunshine Laundry Cleaners

Sunshine Laundry Cleaners

Dating back to 1928 when it was constructed this building has been home to a laundry company. Starting out with National Sunshine Laundry Co., and later known as Sunshine Cleaners, they were known...

Pauls Valley State School

Pauls Valley State School

Pauls Valley State Training School for Boys Pauls Valley State Training School for White boys was established in 1907 in Southern Oklahoma. Construction on the major facility began a year later...

The Glancy Motor Motel

The Glancy Motor Motel

Chester and Gladys Glancy had been in the hotel/motel business for at least a decade when they sold their Best Western and opened their independent Glancy Downtown Motel in 1950. It was originally...

Oney School Gym

Oney School Gym

All that is left of the Oney School is the 1939 gymnasium constructed of large stones. The brick building that housed the classrooms sat close nearby and was actually two buildings mashed together...

Gotebo, OK

Gotebo, OK

The town of Gotebo was originally known as Harrison Oklahoma, named after President Benjamin Harrison. The settlement was established in 1901 during the opening of the Kiowa, Comanche, and Apache...

Ingalls, OK

Ingalls, OK

Ingalls was established on April 22, 1889, by Dr. Robert F. McMurty and Robert Beal. Ingalls was apart of the Unassigned Lands just east of Stillwater during Oklahoma’s first land rush where it...

Bryant Center

Bryant Center

The Bryant Center was an idea thought up by two businessmen, H.T. Greenhaw and Ferrill Martin. Opening as Bryant Recreational Center which would become a place of entertainment for the mostly African...

The Hotel Marion

The Hotel Marion

The Classic-style Marion Hotel was first built around 1904 as an apartment building but shortly after in 1908 was turned into a hotel. Forty-five rooms were rentable short or long term. Originally a...

First United Methodist Church of Terral

First United Methodist Church of Terral

More and more churches seem to be closing, especially in small towns. Sitting in the middle of Jefferson County is this magnificent jewel with perfectly preserved stained glass, detailed brickwork...

Leland Clegg United Methodist Church

Leland Clegg United Methodist Church

Leland Clegg Memorial Methodist later known as Lelang Clegg United Methodist Church was named to honor Rev. Dr. Leland Clegg. Dr. Leland Clegg served the Oklahoma Conference for fourteen total years...

Saint George Greek Orthodox Church

Saint George Greek Orthodox Church

Original Saint George Greek Orthodox Church The Greek Orthodox Christians established a congregation on September 25, 1914, as the Greek Society of St. George of Oklahoma City. By 1917 they had...

Goode Mansion

Goode Mansion

The Goode Mansion is another mansion in Fairfax which was built on Native American land as a result of oil money. Presumably built in the 1920s when the oil and gas industry took off creating boom...

Black Apartments

Black Apartments

The four-story Black Apartments were named after and owned by E.R. Black. Built in 1920 for the residents of the growing town of Okmulgee, the job was not completed smoothly, a newspaper article...

Page Woodson

Page Woodson

1910 Lowell Elementary Originally built as the Lowell School in 1910, this date was engraved above the west entrance. It quickly grew in enrollment Students were held to a standard of morality and...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer