• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - School

Arnett School

Most people know Arnett, OK as being located in Ellis County but many don’t know there is another one in Harmon County. Now, this Arnett is the one we will be talking about but only consists of...

Ron School

Excitement buzzed through the small town of Ron in October of 1939, word had just come that the Works Project Administration had approved the project for Ron School Consolidated No. 12. The...

Mineral View School

What came to be known as the Mineral View School House of District No. 19 got this building through the same tragedy that would decades later leave it baren. On March 4th, 1921 a fire broke out in...

Cloud Chief School

In 1937 the Works Progress Administration built the Cloud Chief High School for a cost of around $42,748. It is made of native stone and consists of a huge gymnasium that the Cloud Chief Warriors...

Prairie Grove School/Church

Located just West of Stratford lies a dilapidated building in a field, during the summer its vibrant red bricks clash beautifully with the green foliage that engulfs it. During the winter months, it...

Woodland Gym

In 1941 the Woodland School House was gutted by a fire that began at around ten in the morning on December 4th. The entire almost brand new native rock structure was ravaged by the flames, luckily no...

Pernell School

Before and After Fire Pictures Below The Pernell School project was accepted by the WPA in October of 1940, $44,000 was set aside as funding for the new building and auditorium. Actual construction...

Pauls Valley State School

Pauls Valley State Training School for Boys Pauls Valley State Training School for White boys was established in 1907 in Southern Oklahoma. Construction on the major facility began a year later...

Oney School Gym

All that is left of the Oney School is the 1939 gymnasium constructed of large stones. The brick building that housed the classrooms sat close nearby and was actually two buildings mashed together...

Nowata, OK

Located twenty-one miles South of the Kansas state line, sits the city of Nowata. The origin of the name comes from two theories, one being that it is a derivative of the Delaware Tribe word no-we...

Gotebo, OK

The town of Gotebo was originally known as Harrison Oklahoma, named after President Benjamin Harrison. The settlement was established in 1901 during the opening of the Kiowa, Comanche, and Apache...

Slick, OK

Slick, Oklahoma is the truest example of an oil town if there ever was one. Starting as just a lone cottonfield it was the discovery of oil by Tom B. Slick that put it on the map. Within a short...

Lenapah, OK

See All Galleries at the End of the Article Deemed the “Cowboy Capital of the World”, Lenapah’s history dates back to the late 1800s. In 1889 the Kansas & Arkansas Valley...

Rosenwald Hall

The town of Lima, Oklahoma is one of just thirteen historically all-Black towns existing in the state. Named after the local limestone quarries it was incorporated in 1913. Constructed in 1921 by...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer