• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - 2000's Abandoned

Clinton Indian Hospital

Clinton Indian Hospital

Clinton Cheyenne-Arapaho Indian Hospital The early months of 1931 were filled with buzz in the paper about the brand new Indian hospital built on Clinton’s east side. Congress had passed the...

threatt filling station

Threatt Filling Station

The Threatt family history goes back more than a century. Having settled in the Luther area the family worked hard to make a living in the newly formed state of Oklahoma. Becoming avid farmers they...

Del Camino Motel

Del Camino Motel

The Del Camino Motel or when it first got its start around 1950 as the Del Camino Courts located in Woodward, Oklahoma was one of the most interesting examples of a motel that we had ever seen...

Carver School

Carver “Colored” School

Erected with the funds from the Separate School fund was the Carver “Colored” School of Hominy. Costing around $20,000 the new buff brick, L-shaped single-story building included four...

Joy School

Joy School

Joy School came to fruition after three rural schools, Carr Flat, Talley, and Wheeler consolidated. consolidated their districts into one. Students of the new district were asked what the new school...

Hominy City Hospital

Hominy City Hospital

By 1920 it was evident Hominy needed a bigger hospital to serve the 2,500 residents in Osage County. Miss Winifred Williamson at one point had started taking flu and pneumonia patients into her house...

Tee Pee Drive-In

Tee Pee Drive-In

The Tee Pee Drive-In dates back to 1949 when it was built along historic Route 66 by Video Theaters. Tee Pee opened on May 5, 1950, and had a capacity for over 400 cars and was a pride and joy for...

Santa Fe Depot - Ponca City

Santa Fe Depot – Ponca City

How Ponca City got its depot is a very interesting one, starting with a rivalry between two towns. Cross Oklahoma a ghost town now, felt that for a Cross man to visit Ponca City was like putting a...

Airline Drive-In

Airline Drive-In

In the fifties and sixties, drive-ins brought in multitudes of families, classic car gurus, and teenagers for an outdoor movie experience like no other. The Airline Drive-In opened in July 1952 and...

Black Apartments

Black Apartments

The four-story Black Apartments were named after and owned by E.R. Black. Built in 1920 for the residents of the growing town of Okmulgee, the job was not completed smoothly, a newspaper article...

Colony Public School

Colony Public School

Seger Indian Training School John Seger built the Seger Indian Training School through federal funding in 1892. Under the supervision of John Seger, the Indians worked to complete the brick school...

osu pig farm

Oklahoma State University Pig Farm

Sitting just on the outskirts of Stillwater sits the remnants of a once award-winning pig farm run by Oklahoma State University. In 1930 the OSU pig farm just west of the main campus received a...

Cottonwood Manor

Cottonwood Manor

Many in Yukon, Oklahoma passed around several rumors as to the actual identity of the place.  Some said it’s an insane asylum; some said it was a church.  Many thrill seekers claimed to know...

St. Camillus Catholic Church

St. Camillus Catholic Church

With only a few crosses on the outside of the old St. Camillus building and a sign with no writing, it’s hard to tell that a Catholic Church was once an active part of Marshall. The building...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer