• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Under Renovation

Tee Pee Drive-In

The Tee Pee Drive-In dates back to 1949 when it was built along historic Route 66 by Video Theaters. Tee Pee opened on May 5, 1950, and had a capacity for over 400 cars and was a pride and joy for...

Fairmont Creamery – Guthrie

Fairmont Creamery Co. Long thought to just be the 89er’ Bowling Alley, this building has far more history. Recent renovations on the building involved stripping the paint off the outside of the...

United States Jail at Guthrie

United States Jail at Guthrie In 1892 one of the first federal prisons of the Midwest was built in the center of the United States. Dating prior to Oklahoma statehood this jail has acquired a few...

Pauls Valley State School

Pauls Valley State Training School for Boys Pauls Valley State Training School for White boys was established in 1907 in Southern Oklahoma. Construction on the major facility began a year later...

Okmulgee Black Hospital

In February 1922 the Okmulgee Board of City Commissioners named J.M. Whitehead to gather together plans to construct the first colored hospital in Oklahoma. Plans for a two-story brick building with...

The Edwards House & Store

Edwards House Thomas Edwards was an English immigrant but came to the United States from New Zealand. While it is not entirely sure how he ended up in the Choctaw Nation the assumption can be made...

Discoveryland

Since 1976,  the Discoveryland amphitheater has brought family fun and musicals to Sand Springs and the surrounding area. Most popularly known for its showing of the Rodgers and Hammerstein musical...

W.S. Kelly General Merchandise

W.S. Kelly General Merchandise Wilbur S. Kelly built the General Merchandise store in the mid-’20s in what was known as “New Cogar”. He ran the store for a short period of time...

Tallchief Mansion

The Mansion Alexander Tallchief was an Osage Indian who obtained his wealth like many others in the Osage tribe through the 1920’s oil boom. A 10-room structure constructed of terracotta bricks...

Concho Indian School

Assimilation In 1867, the Arapaho and Cheyenne tribes were forced to move to a reservation land in Indian Territory near Fort El Reno, Oklahoma. The Dawes Act broke up the reservation land stating...

Villa Teresa Catholic School

Villa Teresa school was founded in 1933 by the Carmelite Sisters of St. Therese in a home next to their convent in Oklahoma City. The campus consisted then of the convent and the school in two homes...

Camp Red Rock

Camp Red Rock, a Girl Scout camp in Binger Oklahoma, has been around for numerous years as well as a good deal of astounding memories. Built in 1946 and opening in the mid 50’s, the camp was...

The Walcourt

In our ever expanding world of Architecture, nothing will ever compare to our historic buildings and the feeling they provide standing in their presence. The Walcourt for instance was designed like...

Hopewell Baptist Church

This modern church on the prairie is an architectural icon, a tribute to the ingenuity of architect Bruce Goff, and to the congregation that brought his design to life. This place matters to its...

Center for Design Arts

Located in Oklahoma City’s “church row” The center for Design Arts began it’s life as the First Church of Christ Scientists. It was constructed in phases between 1914 and 1918...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer