|City/Town: • Oklahoma City|
|Location Class: • Industrial • Railroad|
|Built: • 1934 | Abandoned: • 2000|
|Status: • Demolished|
|Photojournalist: • Michael Schwarz • Mary Evans|
Stewart Metal Fabricators, also referred to as W.H. Stewart Co, opened in 1934. SMF came to a sudden close in 2000 because their contractor stopped funding them. Currently the building is owned by somebody that wants to tear down these old building and turn them into apartments. It will be interesting to see what he does with it. Currently the building is used to house the carriages for the Downtown horse carriage rides. The horses don’t stay there, they are just groomed and prepped there before a busy night of rides. Electricity remains on in parts of the building, however most of the building is covered in a multitude of symmetrically aligned skylights. Natural lighting is always beautiful!
If you wish to support our current and future work, please consider making a donation or purchasing one of our many books. Any and all donations are appreciated.
Donate to our cause Check out our books!