• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Industrial

Kaiser Aluminum & Chemical Corp.

Kaiser Aluminum & Chemical Corp.

Kaiser Aluminum and Chemical Corp was opened in 1953 and produced 150,000 tons of urea fertilizer annually at its peak. The 360-acre complex consists of two ammonium plants, two urea plants, a...

Gold Kist Peanut Plant

Gold Kist Peanut Plant

The buildings that lie just off the railroad tracks and are more commonly known as the Peanut Plant tower over the town. are  Okmulgee in the early 1900s was a hub for the oil industry. In 1909 the...

Gold Belle Mill & Mine

Gold Belle Mill & Mine

The Gold Belles Mill & Mine was one of several mining operations in the Wichita Mountains seeking gold during the early 1900s. The entire operation was established in 1900 with a fifty-ton...

Fairmont Creamery - Guthrie

Fairmont Creamery – Guthrie

Fairmont Creamery Co. Long thought to just be the 89er’ Bowling Alley, this building has far more history. Recent renovations on the building involved stripping the paint off the outside of the...

Osage Generating Station

Osage Generating Station

The Oklahoma Gas & Electric Company had been serving the territory since 1902, predating statehood. The only two cities it served at the time were Oklahoma City and Enid but soon grew to serve...

Stewart Metal Fabricators

Stewart Metal Fabricators

Stewart Metal Fabricators, also referred to as W.H. Stewart Co, opened in 1934. SMF came to a sudden close in 2000 because their contractor stopped funding them. Currently the building is owned by...

Evans Cushing Industry

Evans Cushing Industry

Established as Dalton Precision in 1953, it opened as a Steel Foundry. Locals often complained that Dalton was steel dust through the air that would ruin the paint on your car. until 1980 when the...

Lehunt Cement Company

Lehunt Cement Company

Of all the ghost towns in southern Kansas none has more mystique and legends than the defunct town of Le Hunt, which is located northwest of Independence, Ks. Le Hunt was once a thriving community...

Tydol Oil Refinery

Tydol Oil Refinery

Tidewater of Tydol Oil Company was a major petroleum refining and marketing company in the U.S. for more than 80 years. Tidewater was best known for its Flying A-branded products and gas stations...

Morrison Grain

Morrison Grain

This is the old Morrison Grain storage silo. The new building of Morrison Grain and Ag Services was founded in May of 2004. Tina and Doug Will along with Billie and Bryan Chrz purchased the existing...

Oklahoma Natural Gas Plant

Oklahoma Natural Gas Plant

The history of Oklahoma Natural Gas spans a century of petroleum history and illustrates the industrial advances that brought amenities such as public utilities, specifically heat and light, to urban...

Shawnee Water Treatment Facility

Shawnee Water Treatment Facility

The Shawnee Water Treatment Facility sits on the property of the current water treatment facility for Shawnee. The property is over 100 years old, and is currently being used as storage. The facility...

Sylvania Electric Products, Inc.

Sylvania Electric Products, Inc.

This building in Shawnee was built in 1951 to serve Sylvania Electric Products, Inc. Once Potawatomie County’s largest single employer, Sylvania closed it’s doors in 1961. 550 people were...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer