|City/Town: • Bethany|
|Location Class: • Theater|
|Year Built: • 1950 | Year Abandoned: • 1967|
|Historic Designation: • Native American Heritage Site|
|Status: • Demolished|
|Photojournalist: • AbandonedOK Team|
In 1950, the Lakeside Golf Course just east of Lake Overholser, changed from golf course, to drive-in theater. Built and operated by R.E. and C.B. McFarland, Lakeaire had a 600 car lot, a 60 foot screen, and a top-of-the-line projection system.
The brothers also owned the Coronado Theater in Warr Acres, which was the first home to the towns city hall.