• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - AbandonedOK Team

Wanette Jail

The Wanette Jail can be found tucked away in the trees off 3rd street. Hard to catch a glimpse of during the summer but visible enough in the dead of winter. Not much could be found on this...

Oklahoma State Fair Speedway

Construction of the giant Oklahoma State Fair Speedway was completed in 1954. The speedway became a sizeable part of fair-goers activities for over half a century. In 1961, late model stock car...

Camp Scott

First opening on August 11, 1928 as Camp Ma-Del-Co and running for just a two-week period. Costs ran at either $5.00 for the first five days or $9.00 for the entire ten-day stay. The camp and the 240...

Okmulgee Black Hospital

In February 1922 the Okmulgee Board of City Commissioners named J.M. Whitehead to gather together plans to construct the first colored hospital in Oklahoma. Plans for a two-story brick building with...

Saint George Greek Orthodox Church

Original Saint George Greek Orthodox Church The Greek Orthodox Christians established a congregation on September 25, 1914, as the Greek Society of St. George of Oklahoma City. By 1917 they had...

Page Woodson

1910 Lowell Elementary Originally built as the Lowell School in 1910, this date was engraved above the west entrance. It quickly grew in enrollment Students were held to a standard of morality and...

Logan County Memorial Hospital

It always a fascinating image to see an abandoned hospital. Molding surgery rooms, rotting medical equipment, empty hallways. However, for many years the Logan County Memorial Hospital in Guthrie sat...

Concho Indian School

Assimilation In 1867, the Arapaho and Cheyenne tribes were forced to move to a reservation land in Indian Territory near Fort El Reno, Oklahoma. The Dawes Act broke up the reservation land stating...

St. Vincent’s Home

When we are looking for possible locations to add to our database, a lot of it comes from simply driving around the state and keeping our eyes open. St. Vincents is one of those locations that we had...

Stage Center

After years of debate over the history, importance and fate of Stage Center, the end is set to start Monday (6/30/14) as preparatory demolition begins next week. Stage Center, originally known as...

Rock Island Depot – Elk City

Rock Island Depot – Elk City

In the center of Elk City, is this abandoned railroad depot for the Rock Island Railroad, which was officially merged out of existence in the late 1970’s. This brick depot is a reminder of the...

Krème Nightclub

Kreme Nightclub once stood as a place of recreation in the spencer area off 23rd street. Today, the building is gone and the grass has grown over the earth where people used to enjoy dancing...

Century Center Mall

The Criterion Theater and Baum Building were architectural jewels in Oklahoma City by anyone’s standards — landmarks that were razed in the heyday of Urban Renewal. In their place stands Century...

John Marshall High School

  Most people when they think of the old John Marshall High School, they think of violence, gang activity and overall just a relatively bad part of town. However, back in the school’s booming days...

Sunset Elementary

Sunset elementary school was built in early 1960 and opened to enrollment in the summer of 1960. It was constructed to serve the overcrowded Ridgeview elementary in the east side of the Village. It...

The Walcourt

In our ever expanding world of Architecture, nothing will ever compare to our historic buildings and the feeling they provide standing in their presence. The Walcourt for instance was designed like...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer