• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - 1950's Built

Trail Drive-In Theatre

Trail Drive-In Theatre

Built in 1950 around the same time that the nearby Enid Drive-In was constructed the Trail Theatre was a single screen drive-in with a 400 car capacity. The Trail Drive-In Theatre is located south of...

Del Camino Motel

Del Camino Motel

The Del Camino Motel or when it first got its start around 1950 as the Del Camino Courts located in Woodward, Oklahoma was one of the most interesting examples of a motel that we had ever seen...

Oklahoma State Fair Speedway

Oklahoma State Fair Speedway

Construction of the giant Oklahoma State Fair Speedway was completed in 1954. The speedway became a sizeable part of fair-goers activities for over half a century. In 1961, late model stock car...

Kaiser Aluminum & Chemical Corp.

Kaiser Aluminum & Chemical Corp.

Kaiser Aluminum and Chemical Corp was opened in 1953 and produced 150,000 tons of urea fertilizer annually at its peak. The 360-acre complex consists of two ammonium plants, two urea plants, a...

Airline Drive-In

Airline Drive-In

In the fifties and sixties, drive-ins brought in multitudes of families, classic car gurus, and teenagers for an outdoor movie experience like no other. The Airline Drive-In opened in July 1952 and...

The Glancy Motor Motel

The Glancy Motor Motel

Chester and Gladys Glancy had been in the hotel/motel business for at least a decade when they sold their Best Western and opened their independent Glancy Downtown Motel in 1950. It was originally...

Colony Public School

Colony Public School

Seger Indian Training School John Seger built the Seger Indian Training School through federal funding in 1892. Under the supervision of John Seger, the Indians worked to complete the brick school...

Eagle Park

Eagle Park

Herbert Woesner began with a vision of a family fun amusement park and after nearby Craterville Park closed due to Fort Sill moving onto the land there was a need for one too. He was a farmer at the...

Cottonwood Manor

Cottonwood Manor

Many in Yukon, Oklahoma passed around several rumors as to the actual identity of the place.  Some said it’s an insane asylum; some said it was a church.  Many thrill seekers claimed to know...

St. Camillus Catholic Church

St. Camillus Catholic Church

With only a few crosses on the outside of the old St. Camillus building and a sign with no writing, it’s hard to tell that a Catholic Church was once an active part of Marshall. The building...

St. Vincent's Home

St. Vincent’s Home

In 1944 the Catholic Brothers of Mercy, a nursing order of Catholic Brothers, had started the organization of St. Vincent’s Home in a residence on North Shartel. After outgrowing the space in a...

51 Drive-In

51 Drive-In

The Broken Arrow Drive-In coined the ’51 Drive-In’ due to its close proximity to Highway 51, was opened on July 1953. The debut film was The Stars are Singing starring Rosemary Clooney...

John Marshall High School

John Marshall High School

  Most people when they think of the old John Marshall High School, they think of violence, gang activity and overall just a relatively bad part of town. However, back in the school’s booming days...

Evans Cushing Industry

Evans Cushing Industry

Established as Dalton Precision in 1953, it opened as a Steel Foundry. Locals often complained that Dalton was steel dust through the air that would ruin the paint on your car. until 1980 when the...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer