|City/Town: • Edmond • Oklahoma City|
|Location Class: • School|
|Built: • 1950's | Abandoned: • 1976|
|Status: • Gutted|
|Photojournalist: • AbandonedOK Team|
Located northeast of the city, the Lone Star school district included nine square miles, had only one school, and 130 elementary pupils. In 1964, voters of the district, opted to join the Oklahoma City Public School system with 172 of 300 eligible voters casting their votes. However, just over 10 years later in 1976, the Lone Star school closed its doors as an educational center for good. Then in 1981, the city sold 19 surplus schools including Lone Star, and the neighboring property owner purchased the school. Also, in 1963 the school was one of many locations set up to provide the Sabin Vaccine for Polio to any who wanted it.
If you wish to support our current and future work, please consider making a donation or purchasing one of our many books. Any and all donations are appreciated.
Donate to our cause Check out our books!