• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Gutted

Avon Motel

Avon Motel

Avon Motel has long been a popularly photographed spot in Eastern Oklahoma, located on the western outskirts of Afton, Oklahoma. Built in 1936 by John Foley a prominent businessman in the Ottawa...

Joy School

Joy School

Joy School came to fruition after three rural schools, Carr Flat, Talley, and Wheeler consolidated. consolidated their districts into one. Students of the new district were asked what the new school...

Ron School

Ron School

Excitement buzzed through the small town of Ron in October of 1939, word had just come that the Works Project Administration had approved the project for Ron School Consolidated No. 12. The...

Saint George Greek Orthodox Church

Saint George Greek Orthodox Church

Original Saint George Greek Orthodox Church The Greek Orthodox Christians established a congregation on September 25, 1914, as the Greek Society of St. George of Oklahoma City. By 1917 they had...

Concho Indian School

Concho Indian School

In 1867, the Arapaho and Cheyenne tribes were forced to move to reservation land in the Indian Territory near Fort El Reno, Oklahoma. The Dawes Act broke up the reservation land stating that any land...

Topeka State Hospital

Topeka State Hospital

Opening It was determined that Topeka needed a mental institution around the 1870s, the state legislature would put up $25,000 under the condition that they wouldn’t have to buy the plot of...

Burbank Jail

Burbank Jail

A calaboose is a tiny jail, like this one there are many scattered in the old towns of Oklahoma. Most built in the early 1900s, they were used to hold inmates for minor crimes such as public...

Dunjee School Gym

Dunjee School Gym

Dunjee All-School-Association or Dunjee Negro School System began in 1947. The area was known as Green Pastures at this time and had an elementary school, middle school, high school and a large field...

Waukomis School

Waukomis School

During the first few years of statehood the community thrived. By 1909 it offered residents Christian, Congregational, Evangelical Lutheran, and Methodist churches, the Waukomis School, and the...

Pawnee Care Center

Pawnee Care Center

This single-story building was built in 1968, was last used in 1996, and contains approximately 11,383 square feet of space. The building is situated on approximately 5.1 Acres. The former nursing...

Mount Saint Mary's (4th Floor)

Mount Saint Mary’s (4th Floor)

Even though Mount Saint Mary’s isn’t abandoned, it does hold quite a bit of history. There is a whole floor that isn’t used, and, for lack of a better word and for our purposes, has...

Gandini's Circus

Gandini’s Circus

This abandoned circus went on for some time between the 1900’s and 1930, touring across various parts of the states. Fragments of the circus still linger around, including 4 or 5 trailers where...

Lone Star Elementary School

Lone Star Elementary School

Located northeast of the city, the Lone Star school district included nine square miles, had only one school, and 130 elementary pupils. In 1964, voters of the district, opted to join the Oklahoma...

Santa Fe Depot - Cushing

Santa Fe Depot – Cushing

The Santa Fe Cushing Depot was built about 1918 and abandoned in the 1980s. When rail service disappeared, the rails were ripped up and there was talk of tearing down what some say is the “best...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer