• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Jennifer Burton

Redskin Theater

The Redskin Theater opened on August 10, 1948, it was owned and operated by Cecil Duncan and was one of three in the town of  Wetumka. Movie theaters and drive-ins were a hit during this time and the...

Woodland Gym

In 1941 the Woodland School House was gutted by a fire that began at around ten in the morning on December 4th. The entire almost brand new native rock structure was ravaged by the flames, luckily no...

Pernell School

Before and After Fire Pictures Below The Pernell School project was accepted by the WPA in October of 1940, $44,000 was set aside as funding for the new building and auditorium. Actual construction...

Saddle Mountain Mission

Thirty-one-year-old Isabel Crawford from Sedan, Oklahoma arrived in Saddle Mountain, Oklahoma in April 1896. She set out on a journey to establish a Baptist Mission in the town with the help of...

Quanah Parker Star House

Chief Quanah Parker was known as being a progressive Comanche warrior and leader. He served as the last principal chief of the Comanche Tribe and was influential in settling the Comanche Tribe on a...

Rosenwald Hall

The town of Lima, Oklahoma is one of just thirteen historically all-Black towns existing in the state. Named after the local limestone quarries it was incorporated in 1913. Constructed in 1921 by...

Colony Public School

Seger Indian Training School John Seger built the Seger Indian Training School through federal funding in 1892. Under the supervision of John Seger, the Indians worked to complete the brick school...

Eagle Park

Herbert Woesner began with a vision of a family fun amusement park and after nearby Craterville Park closed due to Fort Sill moving onto the land there was a need for one too. He was a farmer at the...

Old Quartz Mountain Water Slide

Summertime. It is every kid’s favorite. School is out and you are care free. For some, going on family vacations was a staple in the summer and a lot of kids spent time at area lakes. There is so...

Villa Teresa Catholic School

Villa Teresa school was founded in 1933 by the Carmelite Sisters of St. Therese in a home next to their convent in Oklahoma City. The campus consisted then of the convent and the school in two homes...

Harjo Consolidated District No.5

Little is known about the history of the school. It was built in 1930 along with a residential house for the acting principal of the school. It sets on 5 hill top acres and includes the small house...

Maud, OK

Maud, OK

History: Maud, OK is best known as the birthplace of Wanda Jackson, the queen of rockabilly. The town is located at the intersection of State Highways 59 and 9A, with its western half of the town...

Sunset Estates of Maud

Sunset Estates was opened as a long term nursing facility in 1977 for medicaid and medicare patients only. There were 62 beds. They provided many services to residents such as clinical laboratory...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer