• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Endangered

Prairie Grove School/Church

Located just West of Stratford lies a dilapidated building in a field, during the summer its vibrant red bricks clash beautifully with the green foliage that engulfs it. During the winter months, it...

Bennington Jail

The first calaboose of Bennington Oklahoma was constructed sometime during or before 1904 according to government maps. This was the only jail located in town and sat off of Nail and Williams Street...

Eden Baptist Church

In June 1917 a new church was built on this site, with the frame building having 30×40 dimensions and renamed from Valley Center Baptist to the Eden Baptist Church. The congregation over the...

Osage Generating Station

The Oklahoma Gas & Electric Company had been serving the territory since 1902, predating statehood. The only two cities it served at the time were Oklahoma City and Enid but soon grew to serve...

Camp Scott

First opening on August 11, 1928 as Camp Ma-Del-Co and running for just a two-week period. Costs ran at either $5.00 for the first five days or $9.00 for the entire ten-day stay. The camp and the 240...

American Legion Memorial Chapel

In 1895, the Oklahoma Sanitarium Company purchased the site of High Gate Academy in Norman, Oklahoma. High Gate Academy was a school for women that opened in the late 1800s, but it ultimately was...

Saddle Mountain Mission

Thirty-one-year-old Isabel Crawford from Sedan, Oklahoma arrived in Saddle Mountain, Oklahoma in April 1896. She set out on a journey to establish a Baptist Mission in the town with the help of...

Quanah Parker Star House

Chief Quanah Parker was known as being a progressive Comanche warrior and leader. He served as the last principal chief of the Comanche Tribe and was influential in settling the Comanche Tribe on a...

First United Methodist Church of Terral

More and more churches seem to be closing, especially in small towns. Sitting in the middle of Jefferson County is this magnificent jewel with perfectly preserved stained glass, detailed brickwork...

Black Apartments

The four-story Black Apartments were named after and owned by E.R. Black. Built in 1920 for the residents of the growing town of Okmulgee, the job was not completed smoothly, a newspaper article...

Nuyaka Mission

Nuyaka Mission Indian Boarding School 1882-1922 In 1880 a fire put Tullahassee Mission to an end after forty years of education for the Creek Nation. This left a gaping hole in education and the...

Old Prue School

Second Prue School ~1912-1939 The first record I could find of Prue Schools was an article from The Osage Journal, April 25, 1912, reporting of a tornado “The fine farmhouse of Henry Prue was...

Lincoln Colored School

It was decided in 1929 that the growing African American population in Fairfax needed a separate school due to Oklahoma laws of segregation. Students were taught at a private residence while Walter L...

St. Vincent’s Home

When we are looking for possible locations to add to our database, a lot of it comes from simply driving around the state and keeping our eyes open. St. Vincents is one of those locations that we had...

Maud, OK

Maud, OK

History: Maud, OK is best known as the birthplace of Wanda Jackson, the queen of rockabilly. The town is located at the intersection of State Highways 59 and 9A, with its western half of the town...

Fort Sill Indian School

Fort Sill Indian School has witnessed many changes during its more than 100 years in Lawton, Oklahoma. When established in 1871 it served Indian children as a reservation elementary school. It...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer