• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Private Property

cache creek mission

Cache Creek Mission

Shocked we had not heard of this location before we knew that when it finally was put on our radar it was important to document this amazing piece of Oklahoma and Native American history that is...

Camp Scott

Camp Scott

First opening on August 11, 1928 as Camp Ma-Del-Co and running for just a two-week period. Costs ran at either $5.00 for the first five days or $9.00 for the entire ten-day stay. The camp and the 240...

Tiger King Park

Tiger King Park

Garold Wayne Exotic Animal Memorial Park What has now become known as the ‘Tiger King Park’ dates back to 1999 when it was established in rural Oklahoma as the Garold Wayne Exotic Animal...

Joy School

Joy School

Joy School came to fruition after three rural schools, Carr Flat, Talley, and Wheeler consolidated. consolidated their districts into one. Students of the new district were asked what the new school...

Claremore Boathouse

Claremore Boathouse

In April 1938 it was requested by Bert Sprangel, the light and water superintendent of Claremore Lake to have a boathouse built. Plans for an $8,000 rock building were sent to Washington for approval...

Cloud Chief School

Cloud Chief School

In 1937 the Works Progress Administration built the Cloud Chief High School for a cost of around $42,748. It is made of native stone and consists of a huge gymnasium that the Cloud Chief Warriors...

Bennington Jail

Bennington Jail

The first calaboose of Bennington Oklahoma was constructed sometime during or before 1904 according to government maps. This was the only jail located in town and sat off of Nail and Williams Street...

Hope Hall Griffin Memorial

Hope Hall Griffin Memorial

The building that would become Hope Hall got its start almost a century ago in 1928 when bids were being taken to construct a new building at the Central State Hospital in Norman, Oklahoma to be used...

Osage Generating Station

Osage Generating Station

The Oklahoma Gas & Electric Company had been serving the territory since 1902, predating statehood. The only two cities it served at the time were Oklahoma City and Enid but soon grew to serve...

Oney School Gym

Oney School Gym

All that is left of the Oney School is the 1939 gymnasium constructed of large stones. The brick building that housed the classrooms sat close nearby and was actually two buildings mashed together...

American Legion (Griffin Memorial) Chapel

American Legion (Griffin Memorial) Chapel

In 1895, the Oklahoma Sanitarium Company purchased the site of High Gate Academy in Norman, Oklahoma. High Gate Academy was a school for women that opened in the late 1800s, but it ultimately was...

Quanah Parker Star House

Quanah Parker Star House

Chief Quanah Parker was known as being a progressive Comanche warrior and leader. He served as the last principal chief of the Comanche Tribe and was influential in settling the Comanche Tribe on a...

Nuyaka Mission

Nuyaka Mission

Nuyaka Mission Indian Boarding School 1882-1922 In 1880 a fire put Tullahassee Mission to an end after forty years of education for the Creek Nation. This left a gaping hole in education and the...

Binger Jail

Binger Jail

The first jail in Binger was made of oak planks, laid flat, and studded with spikes. It was around for a short time until a German farmer by the name of Gottleib Schutze was burned to death while in...

Inola Jail

Inola Jail

The tiny jail of Inola is rumored to have been built in 1921. Assuming that it went out of service when most other calabooses were discontinued it would have been around the 1930-40s. It consists of...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer