• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - 1980's Abandoned

W.S. Kelly General Merchandise

W.S. Kelly General Merchandise

W.S. Kelly General Merchandise Wilbur S. Kelly built the W.S. Kelly General Merchandise store in the mid-’20s in what was known as “New Cogar”. He ran the store for a short period...

Eagle Park

Eagle Park

Herbert Woesner began with a vision of a family fun amusement park and after nearby Craterville Park closed due to Fort Sill moving onto the land there was a need for one too. He was a farmer at the...

Concho Indian School

Concho Indian School

In 1867, the Arapaho and Cheyenne tribes were forced to move to reservation land in the Indian Territory near Fort El Reno, Oklahoma. The Dawes Act broke up the reservation land stating that any land...

Max Wofford's Hideout

Max Wofford’s Hideout

“Big Bob” was an appropriate nickname for Robert M. Burnett, a senior Garfield County deputy sheriff in 1984. “Big Bob” stood 6 feet 10 inches tall and weighed close to 400...

St. Vincent's Home

St. Vincent’s Home

In 1944 the Catholic Brothers of Mercy, a nursing order of Catholic Brothers, had started the organization of St. Vincent’s Home in a residence on North Shartel. After outgrowing the space in a...

Century Center Mall

Century Center Mall

The Criterion Theater and Baum Building were architectural jewels in Oklahoma City by anyone’s standards — landmarks that were razed in the heyday of Urban Renewal. In their place stands Century...

Sunset Elementary

Sunset Elementary

Sunset elementary school was built in early 1960 and opened to enrollment in the summer of 1960. It was constructed to serve the overcrowded Ridgeview elementary in the east side of the Village. It...

Ponderosa Water Park

Ponderosa Water Park

  Out of this massive project many state lakes were formed including lake Oologah. This increased tourism in the area, and the Ponderosa Water Park was built. It was open until 1984, when a 9...

Fort Sill Indian School

Fort Sill Indian School

Fort Sill Indian School has witnessed many changes during its more than 100 years in Lawton, Oklahoma. When established in 1871 it served Indian children as a reservation elementary school. It...

Hopewell Baptist Church

Hopewell Baptist Church

The Hopewell Baptist Church is an architectural icon, a tribute to the ingenuity of architect Bruce Goff, and to the congregation that brought his design to life. This place matters to its community...

Eighty Niner Bank

Eighty Niner Bank

This bank is located on Main street in Coyle, Ok. The bank is one of two original buildings on Main street that is still standing and still salvageable. The other remaining building is the former...

CRI&P-Rock Island Rail Diesel Repair Shop

CRI&P-Rock Island Rail Diesel Repair Shop

Founded from the creation of an amended charter issued by the Rock Island and La Salle Railroad company, the famous Chicago and Rock Island Railroad was established on February 7, 1851 with the first...

Abundant Life Building

Abundant Life Building

“In the yellowed pages of an old newspaper, local officials called the building “one of Tulsa’s finest” and a peek at the “future of our city.” But the future...

Collings Castle

Collings Castle

Collings Castle located in Turner Falls park , Davis, OK isn’t completely abandoned and is relatively easy to access. It is a definitely a sight to see. The Castle was built from native brick...

Jefferson Davis School

Jefferson Davis School

Jefforson Davis School was opened for enrollment in August of 1931. It had a long and succesful run serving the south part of the city immediately south of Capitol Hill. Notably it had several oil...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer