• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - 1910's Built

Texola Jail

Texola Jail

Texola is the last town in Oklahoma before crossing into the Texas panhandle. A once-bustling town, it now registers a population of just about 40. Constructed in 1910 this small territorial jail is...

Chouteau Jail

Chouteau Jail

According to fire insurance maps the Choteau jail was built sometime around the time of 1910. It is a concrete jail with two cells and a unique curved top. L.P. Goforth Under $6,000 Bond Charged With...

Page Woodson

Page Woodson

1910 Lowell Elementary Originally built as the Lowell School in 1910, this date was engraved above the west entrance. It quickly grew in enrollment Students were held to a standard of morality and...

Columbus Elementary

Columbus Elementary

On July 20, 1910 block 27 was bought from the Oklahoma Industrial Co. for $2,700 for a new school that would be known as Columbus Ward School. Originally supposed to be a two-story structure it was...

Avant Jail

Avant Jail

The Avant Jail is presumed to have been built in the 1910s. According to an inspection sheet from Sept. 11, 1924, stating that the jail was in bad condition and recommendations to get glass windows...

Masonic Home For the Aged

Masonic Home For the Aged

Construction Completed on October 12, 1926, the Masonic Home For the Aged was a six-story brick L-shaped building. The architects were credited as Hawk & Parr and Campbell & Price being the...

Burbank Jail

Burbank Jail

A calaboose is a tiny jail, like this one there are many scattered in the old towns of Oklahoma. Most built in the early 1900s, they were used to hold inmates for minor crimes such as public...

Atoka First Presbyterian Church

Atoka First Presbyterian Church

Presbyterian missionaries first appeared in the Atoka area in the 1840s and by 1883 the Presbyterian Church was established in the region. In 1897, the congregation built a wood frame meetinghouse on...

Lehunt Cement Company

Lehunt Cement Company

Of all the ghost towns in southern Kansas none has more mystique and legends than the defunct town of Le Hunt, which is located northwest of Independence, Ks. Le Hunt was once a thriving community...

Eastern State Hospital

Eastern State Hospital

In 1909 plans for the Eastern Hospital for the Insane (later Eastern State Hospital) were adopted by Oklahoma State Legislature. A 160-acre tract of land given to the State by the City of Vinita for...

Picher, OK

Picher, OK

Located eight miles north of Miami on U.S. Highway 69 in Ottawa County, Picher is Oklahoma’s most northeastern incorporated city. Its city limits adjoin the Kansas state line. In late 1913 the...

Duncan Hotel

Duncan Hotel

Built in 1910 by brothers Charles and George Duncan, the Duncan Hotel was the site of many social and civic events. It was also the original home of Liberty National Bank and numerous luxury...

nuway cleaners

NuWay Laundry & Cleaners

(Nu-Way) NuWay Cleaners was constructed in 1918 on the corner of 6th and Western Ave. While there were multiple other NuWay Cleaner businesses around the city, this one stayed in this location during...

Riley Elementary School

Riley Elementary School

Riley Elementary School was closed in June 1988, when the building was 70 years old. Most of its students were sent to Mark Twain Elementary School, 541 S. 43rd West Ave., or to Chouteau Elementary...

Shamrock, OK

Shamrock, OK

Shamrock, Oklahoma began as a small farming town and area. The post office of Shamrock was established on July 9, 1910, the first postmaster was James M. Thomas. Thomas was responsible for making the...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer