• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Church

Sparks, OK

Photo Galleries at End of Article Sparks, Oklahoma lays on land that was once part of the Sac and Fox Reservation, which was dissolved in 1890 when the principal chiefs signed an agreement with the...

Prairie Grove School/Church

Located just West of Stratford lies a dilapidated building in a field, during the summer its vibrant red bricks clash beautifully with the green foliage that engulfs it. During the winter months, it...

Eden Baptist Church

In June 1917 a new church was built on this site, with the frame building having 30×40 dimensions and renamed from Valley Center Baptist to the Eden Baptist Church. The congregation over the...

Nowata, OK

Located twenty-one miles South of the Kansas state line, sits the city of Nowata. The origin of the name comes from two theories, one being that it is a derivative of the Delaware Tribe word no-we...

American Legion Memorial Chapel

In 1895, the Oklahoma Sanitarium Company purchased the site of High Gate Academy in Norman, Oklahoma. High Gate Academy was a school for women that opened in the late 1800s, but it ultimately was...

Saddle Mountain Mission

Thirty-one-year-old Isabel Crawford from Sedan, Oklahoma arrived in Saddle Mountain, Oklahoma in April 1896. She set out on a journey to establish a Baptist Mission in the town with the help of...

Old Victory Baptist Church

Based on the stonework of the old Victory Baptist Church in Pershing its construction is estimated to have been in the late 1920s. Church records showed that in 1924 the church had about fifty-sixty...

Lenapah, OK

See All Galleries at the End of the Article Deemed the “Cowboy Capital of the World”, Lenapah’s history dates back to the late 1800s. In 1889 the Kansas & Arkansas Valley...

First United Methodist Church of Terral

More and more churches seem to be closing, especially in small towns. Sitting in the middle of Jefferson County is this magnificent jewel with perfectly preserved stained glass, detailed brickwork...

First Baptist Church (Colored)

The First Baptist Church (Colored) of Anadarko is unarguably one of the most significant structures of the town. Not only for the African American community that it served but all of the community...

Leland Clegg United Methodist Church

Leland Clegg Memorial Methodist later known as Lelang Clegg United Methodist Church was named to honor Rev. Dr. Leland Clegg. Dr. Leland Clegg served the Oklahoma Conference for fourteen total years...

Saint George Greek Orthodox Church

Original Saint George Greek Orthodox Church The Greek Orthodox Christians established a congregation on September 25, 1914, as the Greek Society of St. George of Oklahoma City. By 1917 they had...

Mount Pleasant Baptist Church

Built in 1929, this building has been home to Mount Carmel and Memorial Churches throughout the years. Mount Pleasant Baptist Church was organized in the 1940s. Back in those days, it was in the...

Boynton, OK

Boynton Depot Hidden in the woods just out of sight, sits Boynton Depot at the same location since being built in 1910. Originally, a wooden building like many other Frisco Depot’s, it served...

St. Camillus Catholic Church

With only a few crosses on the outside of the old St. Camillus building and a sign with no writing, it’s hard to tell that a Catholic Church was once an active part of Marshall. The building...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer