• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Church

Saint George Greek Orthodox Church

Saint George Greek Orthodox Church

Original Saint George Greek Orthodox Church The Greek Orthodox Christians established a congregation on September 25, 1914, as the Greek Society of St. George of Oklahoma City. By 1917 they had...

Mount Pleasant Baptist Church

Mount Pleasant Baptist Church

Built in 1929, this building has been home to Mount Carmel and Memorial Churches throughout the years. Mount Pleasant Baptist Church was organized in the 1940s. Back in those days, it was in the...

Boynton, OK

Boynton, OK

Boynton Depot Built: 1926 Abandoned: 1973 Hidden in the woods just out of sight, sits Boynton Depot at the same location since being built in 1910. Originally, a wooden building like many other...

St. Camillus Catholic Church

St. Camillus Catholic Church

With only a few crosses on the outside of the old St. Camillus building and a sign with no writing, it’s hard to tell that a Catholic Church was once an active part of Marshall. The building...

Villa Teresa Catholic School - Moore

Villa Teresa Catholic School – Moore

After almost eight decades, Villa Teresa Catholic School closed its doors in July of 2012. Sister Patricia Ann Miller, general superior of the Carmelite Sisters of St. Therese of the Infant Jesus...

Atoka First Presbyterian Church

Atoka First Presbyterian Church

Presbyterian missionaries first appeared in the Atoka area in the 1840s and by 1883 the Presbyterian Church was established in the region. In 1897, the congregation built a wood frame meetinghouse on...

Mount Saint Mary's (4th Floor)

Mount Saint Mary’s (4th Floor)

Even though Mount Saint Mary’s isn’t abandoned, it does hold quite a bit of history. There is a whole floor that isn’t used, and, for lack of a better word and for our purposes, has...

Maud, OK

Maud, OK

Maud, OK is best known as the birthplace of Wanda Jackson, the queen of rockabilly. The town is located at the intersection of State Highways 59 and 9A, with its western half of the town located in...

Hopewell Baptist Church

Hopewell Baptist Church

The Hopewell Baptist Church is an architectural icon, a tribute to the ingenuity of architect Bruce Goff, and to the congregation that brought his design to life. This place matters to its community...

Picher, OK

Picher, OK

Located eight miles north of Miami on U.S. Highway 69 in Ottawa County, Picher is Oklahoma’s most northeastern incorporated city. Its city limits adjoin the Kansas state line. In late 1913 the...

Meridian, OK

Meridian, OK

Meridian received its name from the Indian Meridian on which it is located. This line is used as the main street and also separates the town into two townships. The west half being in Bear Creek...

Shamrock, OK

Shamrock, OK

Shamrock, Oklahoma began as a small farming town and area. The post office of Shamrock was established on July 9, 1910, the first postmaster was James M. Thomas. Thomas was responsible for making the...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer