It’s Back-to-School at Abandoned Oklahoma so what better way than to feature our collection of abandoned schools!
Subscription schools were the first schools in Oklahoma Territory, but public schools began to emerge in the 1890s, shortly before 1907 statehood. By 1909, Oklahoma City had ten public school buildings. By 1930 the city had three high schools, six junior high schools, and 51 elementary schools with an enrollment of 38,593.
Enjoy and leave a comment!!